This position within the IT Team will perform all aspects of technical support related to the day-to-day computing needs of Japan office. This individual is expected to provide support via phone, e-mail and Intranet as well as perform problem determination face-to-face and work closely with other APAC IT team to support IT systems for business. This position will report to the APAC IT Manager based in Tokyo.
- Diagnose and resolve computer & peripheral problems and requests from users in a timely manner including accurately recording such requests into the help system.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot PC hardware and software
- Create and document local procedures, guidelines and best practices. Record, track and maintain equipment inventory.
- Provide training to users in supported desktop products.
- Provide first level support for networking and application issues. Liaise with local service and support providers.
- Support the optimization of the existing environment
- 3+ years work experience in Information Technology, including 1 year front line / help desk technical support.
- Complete knowledge of networking topology and protocols
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in Japanese and English
- Performs with strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills without outside direction
- Customer focused with a dedication to customer satisfaction
- Strong initiative, self-motivation, ability to complete tasks on time
- Excellent judgment, decision making, and organizational skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and handle multiple priorities with minimal supervision
- Possesses self-initiative to proactively identify and pursue process improvements
Why choose to work with us?
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
The company employs 3000 people in 15 countries, with headquarters in U.S.