Posted Job Title:
Japan Hosting Operations Windows Engineer
Internal Job Title:
Senior Windows Engineer
Director, Japan Operations Center
Monday to Friday 9:00am-6:00pm
24x7 on-call (Mobile phone will be provided )
Japanese: Native Level
English: Higher Business Level
The Hosting compute department is accountable for all platform support for the company managed hosting Clients, Comprising of Incident Management, Change Management, Request Fulfillment and interacting closely with Problem management.
The Senior Windows Engineer is member of JP Hosting Operations and working with peer positions in the US, EMEA and APAC regions. The successful candidate will be capable of meeting demands for timely customer facing feedback on on-going escalated issues, root cause reports and will drive internal technical teams towards the effective and efficient operations activities as assigned by regional or global mgmt. They will provide superior support to a subset of corporate Clients in a complex network and/or hosting solutions environment. The engineer will review, approve and execute change requests to ensure successful change management. They will troubleshoot systems and network incidents to provide the maximum availability and optimal Mean Time To Repair.
- Deliver superior customer service through professional, comprehensive, and timely communication for all Incidents and Requests for Change
- Ensure timely response, escalation, and resolution to promote the rapid restoration of services for all incidents
- Through review and approval, ensure methodical and successful execution of customer change requests
- Maintain system stability through advanced troubleshooting, timely resolution of customer incidents, and proactive maintenance
- Maintain and improve client loyalty and Net Promoter scores
- Partner with the Account and Sales team and aid in the regular Service Reviews. Work with the Account team to built a strong client relationship and grown revenue
- Communicating and collaborating with local and global teams.
- Identify, resolve, and/or escalate hosting issues according to procedural documentation and training
- Creative problem-solving to identify the source of problems
- Create or update documentation including network diagrams, procedures, and policies to ensure consistent support of customer environments
- Through customer consultation, realize growth opportunities for production customer environments.
- Provide guidance to adjacent support tiers to assist in resolution of complex network, system and security incidents
- Provide and obtain timely updates to/from relevant parties (internal and external)
- Partner with the Problem Management Centre to reduce re-occurring incidents
- Provide consultative assistance to the Operations Centre during off hours as needed
- Review system and network configurations with Service Delivery to ensure successful implementation of services into production
- Perform incident trend analysis to promote a stable solution within the environment.
- Participate in mandatory meeting and training sessions
- Other duties as assigned
- Email and Phone based communications in both Japanese and English
- Reading and Writing in both Japanese and English
- Previous Operating Systems support experience in enterprise, IT or service provider environment
- Hands on experience including but not limited to:
- Administration of Microsoft Operating Systems (2003,2008,2012)
- Administration of Common Windows operating system components (IIS, AD, DNS, RDS, Clustering etc)
- Administration of Hardware and firmware exposure to physical systems environments (HP, IBM, Insight Qube etc)
- Administration of Database system (MSSQL 2005/SQL Server 2012, Oracle with HA or Clustering etc)
- Administration of VMWare environments through vSphere Client
- A commitment to delivering a superior customer experience through direct interaction with customers during support and change management
- Technical certifications in areas of expertise (Microsoft, Redhat)
- Ability to quickly adapt to advancing technologies and procedural changes
- Proven incident and problem solving (troubleshooting) skills with an emphasis on a timely resolution
- Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively with other technologists and business partners to maintain high service levels in a demanding environment
- Ability to work well in team environment
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills in Japanese and English
- Experience diagnosing complex issues through packet capture analysis (Wireshark, tcpdump, snoop, Sniffer Pro)
- Familiarity with:
- Linux/Unix Systems (Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, 6 and 7, Solaris 10)
- Knowledge of Shell scripting/Perl/Expect/Powershell and/or other scripting languages.
- Basic Network (Firewall, Load Balancer, Security. Cisco, Juniper, F5)
- Familiarization with ITIL guidelines and practices
- Six Sigma or other process improvement methodologies
- Project Management experience
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education in related fields
- Certificates of training in associated fields/equipment (CCNA/CCNP/Juniper)
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience in related IT Field
l Recruitment Reason : Replacement role
l Job Description: Please refer to attached
l Salary range: 7.3M – 8.6M
l Must speak Japanese (Native Level because this position is required to do face-to-face meeting with our customer, and talk with the customers on the phone).
l English skill is mandatory required (Business level or more)
l NO Job Hopper
l Late 20’s to Early 30’s is the best age.
l Work in the Atago office.
l Report to the manager of Japan Operations Center (Japanese).